You to know about any upcoming events, mini-sessions or deals? Please sign up for my newsletter:
Schedule your mini-session today! There are a few opening still left. Email me at KyleLagatol@gmail.com to schedule a session. Full sessions are also available before the holidays.
Fall Mini Sessions
Starting now, you can book me for an open photo booth! This can added onto event photography services or by itself.
It will be an open photobooth with a camera and a backdrop. Everything is automated, but I will be there to help out. I can close in the booth as well to have black curtains all the way around. The guests will recieve prints immediately and will be able to download the images from a gallery the next day as well.
You can customize the booth to your event. Add on the following:
- Add a custom backdrop
- Add props
- Include a custom logo on the guest’s images/prints to remember the event
I have been looking at alternative ways to share photos with clients and family besides the typical outlets. I usually use my Wix website to share images, but I don’t like to keep the images up there forever. I also use Facebook, but I try to keep the number of files to a minimum. These are two things that I have started to use:
E-books through Blurb (http://www.blurb.com/ebook). These are a great way to share images with anyone that has an Ipad. You can create an e-book in conjunction with a physical book or by itself.
- Easy to create: There are several options for designing your book – either by using their propitiatory software, Adobe® InDesign® or Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 4. I used Lightroom and found it very straightforward and easy to use. The great thing about Lightroom, is that you can also export the file as a PDF. This can be helpful if you want to get approval from clients prior to uploading to Blurb.
- Inexpensive: it’s only $10 for an e-book. Can’t beat that!
- Accessible: It’s set up in the Blurb and Apple bookstore, so anyone can access the book easily.
- Privacy: You can share it with whoever you want. You can adjust the privacy in the store to allow only those with a specific web address would be able to access the book or make it searchable by anyone.
- Ipad only: I’m sure in the future, they will expand it to other devices
Slideshows: Slideshows created in Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® are another great way to share images. Benefits/Drawbacks:
- Layout: Nice to easily scroll through all the images
- Format: it’s created in .mp4 format, so it can be viewed through Windows Media Player or Itunes.
- File Size: the files can be rather large and need to be shared via Google Drive or something else that can easily share a 500MB files.
These are just things that I have worked for me! I am sure I will find more things as I go along!